Mark your calendars, as parents and students will have a chance this coming week to view potential middle school math curriculum / resources and provide input toward the final selection of materials that will ultimately be used in schools.
The Wake County Public School System will be hosting regional public input sessions that will allow community participants to view and engage in the new math educational materials being proposed.
Given that the past several years have seen educators using teacher-designed materials and web-curated content in the absence of textbooks (the NC General Assembly cut textbook funding severely a few years back), this is an important opportunity for parents who want a role in shaping their children’s math success.
Two sessions will take place at each of the following locations – session times are 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm OR 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm:
- Tuesday, February 27 at Holly Springs High School
- Wednesday, February 28 at Southeast Raleigh Magnet High School
- Thursday, March 1 at Wakefield High School
In an effort to support our middle school math teachers, the Wake County Public School System is in the process of finding the best possible resource that would support dynamic learning experiences for our students. Your input in selecting a new resource would be greatly appreciated. Come join us to engage with the vendors, explore the resources and provide feedback.
- Engage in a demonstration of the materials;
- Explore the resources and materials;
- Provide feedback to assist in making our final recommendation to the WCPSS Board of Education.
Categories: Wake County Schools